No compromise Cloud and Private backup from anywhere to anywhere.
Up until recently most mission-critical information in the technology world was stored exclusively on centralized servers. Now data can reside anywhere, as users create, access and share data while on the go and from multiple machines. As accessibility has changed, the impetus to store, protect and secure that data has grown. These individual systems now need to be backed up as reliably as servers in the data center.
As accessibility has changed, the impetus to store, protect and secure that data has grown. Individual systems now need to be backed up as reliably as servers.
And with users taking laptops on the road, working from home or splitting their time between offices, is it even possible to ensure these systems are regularly backed up to a level acceptable to your organization?
It’s likely that you don’t have a choice.
Kaseya Data Backup allows organizations to conduct remote folder- and file- level backups of distributed desktops, laptops and servers that can be accessed and restored to any machine at any point in time. Integrated directly into the Kaseya Framework Kaseya Data Backup allows for central management of file- and folder- level backups of all systems in the IT environment—regardless of whether they are currently logged into the corporate network.
In the event of data loss an administrator can remotely restore data from backup files stored locally or in the Cloud. You can do this from anywhere with an Internet connection either to the same machine or to a completely new system. Users can also directly restore lost files and folders through the integrated Kaseya end user portal, providing another recovery option that gets users up and running as quickly as possible.
Benefits of Kaseya Data Backup:
- Ensure distributed desktop and notebook folders and files are backed up as reliably and consistently as servers in the data center
- Conduct point-in-time backups of distributed systems for multiple restore options
- Make use of a mix of Cloud and private storage infrastructure to control costs
- Meet dynamic data mobility needs and remote disaster recovery requirements
- Get users back up and running quickly after a disaster, data loss or system failure
- Enable self-service recovery through web based end user portal
- Schedule backups for the least disruptive time to minimize end user impact
- Save bandwidth and other resources through imbedded performance controls
Advanced Technical Features
- Sector based backup means only the changes are backed up, not the whole file
- Advanced compression algorithms ensure minimal amount of data transmission
- Highly secure AES-128 bit keys for encryption of transmission and storage of data
- Full VSS support means locked files and even databases in use can be backed up consistently
- Backup policies allow fine tuning of bandwidth and CPU throttling per machine
- Scheduled and Continuous Data Protection backup modes
- End User portal allows user self service for restores
- Public Cloud, Private Cloud and local storage gives broadest range of backup options
Use Kaseya Cloud to Enhance your Backup
Capabilities without heavy Investment in New
Backup data can be stored online with Kaseya's Cloud Storage (powered by Amazon S3) thus eliminating the need for organizations to invest in extra disaster recovery infrastructure. The completely integrated and seamless pay as you go Kaseya Cloud storage allows click and go simplicity and an infinite amount of data to be stored to the most secure and reliable Cloud available today.
Administrators can manage backup data from the cloud directly through the Kaseya dashboard. Key backup status metrics such as backups in progress, successful backups, etc. is provided and alerts indicating a completed or failed cycle can be automatically sent to administrators. When it’s time to recover, administrators can restore the backup files directly from the cloud to the same machine or a new system.
Or... Seamlessly Leverage your
Choose how you want to backup. Kaseya Data Backup offers a true hybrid model, allowing you to mix Kaseya Cloud storage along with backup direct to your own Private Cloud as well as local storage such as file server or NAS device. This gives you the flexibility to use the right approach for every situation across your business, from sites with a single to server to individual notebooks on the road.
Its all about the Recovery...
When you only wish to restore smaller amounts of data, as in the most common endpoint data loss scenarios, then a product focused on data backup can be advantageous as it is much simpler to restore a subset of specific user data. Image style backup products commonly require mounting or setup of whole backup sets to get to specific data files which can take undue administrative overhead, or specialist high availability backup products are just too expensive for this kind of requirement. It’s all about finding the right fit for the business need.
Centrally Manage Your Backups
Kaseya Data Backup simplifies and centralizes the process of managing, monitoring and reporting on distributed backups. Administrators can set various rules for files or folders that need to be backed up for each machine or across multiple machines and apply filters such as by file type, file location, date created or last edited. The backups can be regularly scheduled by month, week, day, hour or minute, or even on demand with the click of a button whenever the administrator sees fit. Kaseya also offers Continuous Data Protection (CDP) capabilities that automatically and continuously back up files that have been edited, renamed or changed. The Kaseya dashboard monitors the cycles, alerts administrators to failed or successful backups and generates easy-to-read status updates that can be integrated with other IT systems management reports.
Quick to setup and simple to use
Often setting up backup infrastructure can be complex. In order to ensure every system is being backed up consistently administrators need to discover distributed machines and make sure they are connected to the network, available, and ready for backup. Then they are required to confirm backup status for internal reporting and compliance.
With thousands of distributed systems that need protection, the process is virtually impossible with legacy backup solutions on the market.
With Kaseya you can:
- Define backup policies and ensure they are applied consistently to machines or groups of machines
- Schedule automatic recurring backups or execute backup on demand
- Use dashboards to see storage usage by end point, storage server and site
- Schedule reports that give Storage usage and show backup usage over time
- Restore any data to remote machines from any point in time
- Support backups for Windows and OSX