An automated policy driven software deployment and update solution
Deploying, updating and managing software is a required yet time consuming process for any IT professional. Without the ability to manage by policy, trying to stay in compliance with organizational and external regulatory requirements becomes a nightmare. Kaseya Software Deployment and Update removes that burden by providing IT professionals with the ability to completely automate the deployment and update process of software on a scheduled basis across multiple domains and remote computers from the same Kaseya administrative portal used for their entire IT systems management platform.
Installing Software has never been easier!
Kaseya streamlines the software deployment and update process for the most common 3rd party solutions while ensuring compliance and version dependencies are met.
Kaseya Software Deployment and Update utilizes a comprehensive Software Catalog combined with user-defined policies to deploy and update software applications for Windows based servers, workstations and notebooks. There are no packages to maintain, command switches, versions to find, files to track, this is all maintained automatically within the Software Catalog.
Manage All Systems From a Consolidated Dashboard
Once a device and profile are matched, the automated process begins. There are alerts, dashboards, status views and reports to monitor the software deployment and update activities along with approval processes as new software versions become available and the ability to override profiles and schedule off-policy deployments.
Benefits of Kaseya Software Deployment and Update:
- Reduce the nightmare of tracking and deploying software updates across a distributed network of machines
- Associate software policies based on user role, department or organization
- Ensure internal compliance and regulatory software requirements are met and easily tracked
- Manage all software delivery from a single pane of glass for consistency and transparency throughout the organization
Software Deployment and Update
Build a unique software catalog from a 100’s of the most popular 3rd party solutions in addition to custom line-of-business applications
The Software Catalog is the basis of Software Deployment and Update. The catalog provides a categorized list of supported software along with the software title, version and language. Utilizing a “provider” based model, Kaseya maintains a Master Catalog that contains content from various providers including Ninite. For added flexibility, custom Windows based software installers for line of business applications; custom applications or other software needs can be configured and added to the software catalog. The end result is a fully versioned catalog needed for policy based software deployment and update to help meet organizational and external compliance and regulatory requirements.
Align Policies and Deployment Schedules Based on Business Requirements
The software deployment and update policies often vary from department to department or location to location. To accommodate this need, Profiles are used to define the software product, version, schedule and update methods. For example, the accounting department may require certain versions of a software product for compatibility, compliance or regulatory purposes. An Accounting Profile can be created that identifies the particular software products and versions that should be deployed. One or more profiles can be assigned to a specific user role, machine type, department or organization.
In order to minimize the impact of software installation to the end user, IT administrators can define named schedules per profile with a wide range of scheduling options. And keeping software automatically updated has never been easier. The automatic update option ensures as new versions of the product become available, they will automatically be deployed using the deployment schedule within the profile.
Kaseya Software Deployment and Update Allows You to:
- Create a unique catalog of software from 100’s of the most popular 3rd party solutions
- Add custom software installations to the catalog with pre and post routines
- Group sets of software and version dependencies from the catalog as named policies and assign to machines based on user role, machine type, department or organization
- Update Software automatically as new versions are introduced and approved
- View and be alerted of software deployment status through built-in alerts, reports and dashboards
- New: Uninstall software with pre and post routines to ensure company compliance policies
- New: Provide Answer Files to custom or other MSI based installations for silent or unattended installations
- New: Scan and deploy software to computers that are disconnected from the internet